ORDINANCE NO. 2017-07
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ORDINANCE NO 2015-07, AN ORDINANCE TO ESTABLISH A SIDEWALK FUND
IN THE TOWN OF WOLCOTT, INDIANA
WHEREAS, the Wolcott Town Council recognizes that the replacement, and/or rehabilitation of sidewalks within the corporate boundaries of the Town of Wolcott enhances the quality of life for all town residents; and
WHEREAS, the Wolcott Town Council intends to assist residential property owners who live within the corporate boundaries of the Town of Wolcott, Indiana and either live in their dwelling, are current in their property tax payments and/or who cannot otherwise afford to replace or rehabilitate existing sidewalks that are hazardous to the public; and
WHEREAS, the Town of Wolcott is desirous to establish a fund to be utilized by residential property owners with the Town of Wolcott to replace or rehabilitate existing sidewalks in partnership with the Town of Wolcott, whereby the property owner shall pay fifty percent (50%) of the total cost of removal, rehabilitation or replacement of existing sidewalks.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the Common Council of the Town of Wolcott, White County, State of Indiana, as follows:
1. The Sidewalk Program is hereby created in the Town of Wolcott. The Sidewalk Program shall be funded through the contributions of residential property owners in the town desiring to replace or rehabilitate public sidewalks adjacent to private property and from a local funding match appropriated from the Municipal Cumulative Capital Fund, as permitted for uses in IC 36-9-16-3, in an amount determined by the Wolcott Town Council on an annual basis.
2. Monies placed in the Sidewalk Fund shall not be withdrawn and/or expended except for the purposes for which the fund is created, namely the replacement and rehabilitation of residential sidewalks within the corporate boundaries of the Town of Wolcott, Indiana.
3. In the event that the Sidewalk Fund is dissolved, all remaining funds will be transferred to the General Fund as miscellaneous revenue.
4. The invalidity of any section, clause, sentence or provision of this Ordinance shall not affect the validity of any other part of this Ordinance, which can be given effect without such invalid parts or parts.
5. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect as of the 2nd day of May, 2017.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the Town Council of the Town of Wolcott, Indiana on this 2nd day of May, 2017.
TOWN COUNCIL, TOWN OF WOLCOTT, INDIANA
Michael A. Yelton, Council President Michael A. Yelton, Council President
Fred A. Young, Council Vice President Fred A. Young, Council Vice President
Tina M. Orns, Council Member Tina M. Orns, Council Member
Michael J. Johnson, Council Member Michael J. Johnson, Council Member
Stephen Schemerhorn, Council Member Stephen Schemerhorn, Council Member
Tammy L. Seward